Monday 25 June 2012

Fitness....or not.

So Mrs W says to me this morning "I really think you need to start getting fit, not because you're fat, but because I'm worried you're going to struggle in Norway...." The worst thing about this statement isn't the "fat" bit (although I may be a little chunky at the minute), its the fact that she's right. Last time I travelled in Norway I wasn't quite as fit as I should have been and consequently I struggled a little and spent a lot of time staring at the tips of my skis instead of enjoying the scenery. A year ago when I started planning for this trip I vowed to be fitter than ever and since then, apart from climbing, I've done bugger all about it.

I'm trying to think of excuses,

I cracked a couple of ribs in February - yeah, but what about the 8 months before that?

I'm carrying a knee injury - okay.....what about the rest of your body?

I have no excuses.

I'll start soon....I promise....after all, I can't have Fran putting me to shame....

Col

No comments:

Post a Comment